Did you know that the best way to keep your house fresh is to clean it every day? This might sound like a lot of work, but if there’s a minimal amount of cleaning to be done each day, it’s far more manageable and easier than you think. As opposed to bringing out all of your serious cleaning tools every few weeks or months, daily cleaning is simple, easy and a great way to prevent any severe and nasty problems from piling up.
So to help you out, we’ve put together a daily cleaning checklist that will help you save a lot of time and even money in the long-term.
- Clean the sink whenever you’ve used it. Just rinse down any toothpaste, grime or dirt by blasting the sink and using a sponge.
- Scrub the toilet quickly at night and leave in some cleaning solution to let it stay fresh overnight.
- Wipe down the mirrors and any other reflective surfaces.
- Make sure the extractor fan is working by testing a sheet of toilet paper. If it’s not, then blast it with a can of compressed air while the fan is on.
- Leave the window open after a hot shower or bath to let steam escape.
- Never leave the dishes in the sink. Always find some time to clean them while you’re cooking or at night before you go to bed.
- Wipe down surfaces after you’re done cooking.
- Never leave any bits of food or grime on the floor if there’s a spill.
- Organize your fridge and get rid of anything that’s been there for too long.
- Load the dishwasher at night if you don’t want to manually wash your dishes.
- Always empty the garbage bin once it’s filled, or preferably every night to keep smells from lingering.
- After using the microwave, give it a quick wipe down.
- Clear the toaster crumb tray after using it.
- Don’t leave any food out in the open because it can attract vermin.
- Make the bed as soon as you get out to prevent wrinkled fabrics and dust piling up.
- Straighten pillows and blankets.
- Never leave clothes laying around. Instead, throw them in the washer.
- Remember to wash bed sheets and linen every week or two weeks.
- If you drop any crumbs on the sofa, immediately vacuum them up with a hand vac.
- Sweep up any stains and spills as soon as they happen to prevent a buildup of dirt and grime.
- Keep carpets clean by vacuuming them quickly every day.
- Dust shelves and ceiling fans, allow the dust to fall to the ground, then vacuum it up to keep your home free of dust.
- Dust off the television–you’ll be surprised at how much dust it attracts!
- Wipe the TV screen using specialized sprays and cloths to prevent damaging or scratching it.
- Clear any side and coffee tables to prevent a buildup of clutter.
- Don’t leave clothes in your washing machine or dryer.
- Keep all of your cleaning equipment and supplies organized and throw out anything you don’t need.
- Wipe down shelves and cabinets and ensure there is no moisture buildup from your appliances.
- If you have pets that enter via the utility room, ensure their areas are clean and that stains are wiped as soon as they enter your home.
- Give your computers and other devices a blast of compressed air to dislodge dust
- Wipe down any shelves and bookcases to keep your items free of dust.
- Make sure you clean your study chair as well–you’ll be surprised at how filthy it can get!
- Wipe down any devices you use such as keyboards, phones, and mice.
- Dust off any lamps, monitors, and speakers that you use.
- Empty your waste paper bin.
Hopefully, this list will help you clean each room effectively and efficiently. It only takes a couple of minutes to go through each room in the day, and it’s much better than letting these problems pile up over time, forcing you to spend up to an hour or more cleaning each room individually. The best way to keep a clean and fresh home is to be proactive, and that’s where daily cleaning comes in handy.
If you follow these main tips and ideas, you will see great results at home. Please, give us a call if you need more tips to improve your cleaning. We are professionals who can provide all the information you need.